Sunday, November 15, 2015

Monday Mural: future embrace past

Found on Telegraph Avenue.  It replaces this mural I showed you quite a while back.  I saw it out of the corner of my eye and had to drive around the block to shoot it.  Didn't see a name, don't know what it means, but it's an arresting image.

Welcome to Monday Mural: if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters. Looking forward your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.

"Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Rev. John Watson

15 comments:

  1. That IS very arresting.
    Look at that little girl looking at the girl(s) on the wall. <3 :)
    Beautiful work. Great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS an arresting image ODP, looooove that you captured the little girl gazing up at it, perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Provocative!





    ALOHA, Friend
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_('')


    ReplyDelete
  4. Very eyecatching images. You can't help but look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it doesn't mean this girl has a future as an evil clown...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A striking image worth to drive around the block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. I have no idea what it means, but for sure I would have stopped to take a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both of them.
    The eyes are very pretty.
    Thanks for hosting!
    Have a Great Week!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are certainly bright and eye-catching. I like the images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely captured! Not sure what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am writing an article for SEARCH Magazine about murals in Oakland and this particular piece is what inspired my editor to ask for an article on the topic. I wanted to see if I could get permission to use your photo (giving photographer credit) because the mural has been tagged, and the photos we took have graffiti covering them. I love that you captured this provocative piece before the taggers got to it.

    ReplyDelete